The government of Panama is having a large campaign to get people to cut back on their energy consumption, now that Panamanians are increasing their demand to record levels.
Panamanians are becoming more eco-friendly conscience therefore trying to save energy. Electrical costs are increasing.
Panama, as a whole, including commercial and residential, consumes nearly 30,000 megawatts daily, compared to the capacity of national electrical generation which is approximately 100,000 megawatts. That is a lot of electricity.
The following are some conservation measures that are being taken by Panamanians to save energy and to protect the environment:
- The government will prohibit the use of neon lights in commercial establishments, if used, the ads must be turned off from 23:00 to 06:00 hours, except on Fridays and Saturday, when it is from 01:00 to 06:00. This law exempts all kind of business that offer the following services: health, fuel, food and perishable goods.
- Panamanians are getting used to disconnect electric home appliances that are not being used at the moment, such as televisions, DVD, microwaves, etc
- Panamanians are also replacing regular yellow bulbs with natural light with bulbs, and using more natural daylight
- Avoid opening the refrigerator if not necessary.
- In Private Institutions they are educating workers so that they may tun off air conditions when they are not being used, and to use the stairs when there are not so many people waiting for the elevator.
- Turning on the air conditioner one hour after arriving at work and turning them off two hours before departing.
- Disconnecting the Cellular Charger once the battery is full.
- Public Employees are working less hours a day to save energy, from 7:30-1:30.
- Managers and Directors of public entities must present weekly Energy consumption reports to the Energy Secretariat to assure that the conservation measures are being followed.
Since the US and Panama now have a free trade agreement, our Power Miser products will be a great additon in saving energy in Panama.
We welcome any new dealers or distributors who would like to import the Power Miser products to help customers save electric.